Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Best All-Time Motorsports Announcers?

Monday, October 22, 2007, 9:07 AM
The addition of Rusty Wallace to the Nascar broadcasts (and the subtraction of intelligence) has been a hot-button topic since the season began. Check out this list of announcers, both past and present, from Wikipedia and tell us who you would like to have on the air and why?
My favorites were always Jackie Stewart, Bobby Unser and Sam Posey.



Jackie was the most knowledgeable open-wheel announcer I have had the pleasure of listening to. He knew the nuances of the technical side of the sport, thought like a driver and had the brain of an owner.
Posey was no great shakes but I always enjoyed the fact that Unser would put Posey in his place if he thought for an instant that Posey was wrong, and Unser did it with a wonderful mix of aplomb and disdain that was fun to listen to.
I also enjoyed Chris Economaki and his fervent need to make everything seem a little more exciting than it really was.
Among today's announcers? I was disappointed when Alan Bestwick was demoted and I enjoy listening to Wally Dallenbach Jr.
So, who do you like?

No comments:

Post a Comment